Portable Air Conditioners
All Portable Air Conditioners
Portable air conditioners or an evaporative air cooler, are the best way to keep cool during the summer months. They are now used more and more to keep you comfortable throughout the year. A mobile air conditioning unit gives you the ability to have cooling capabilities wherever you go. They provide you with cool, fresh air all year round. As our summers get longer and hotter, they have become a fixture of many homes. Yet they remain essential to many businesses across the country. They used to be bulky and hard to move around. As designs and technologies have improved, so have the portability of air cons. These products offer an excellent level of air conditioning quality no matter where they are deployed and can be moved with ease.
Offering a range of features including a remote control, 24-hour timers, fan speed settings, led display, larger water tank, wi fi and sleep functions. Our versatile portable units allow you to move them easily from room to room. You can control the temperature to your desired setting. Our portable AC units are available in a range of styles. They are sure to suit all property sizes and styles. Available as indoor units or as outdoor units. They offer a range of modes such as fan mode which acts as a cooling fan allowing you to change fan settings.
These are quite like fridges in the way that they work. They remove heat and moisture from the air (warm air). They then distribute the air throughout the room or building. This makes the air cooler by replacing the hot air with the cool air. The energy rating of these models vary. However, they are energy efficient. They offer many features to enable you to use as little energy as possible. Therefore, making them more environmentally friendly. They usually have an outlet hose to allow any water to drain away. When not in use it can be closed off with sliding windows.
Type of Air Conditioner
Are you searching for a portable or a wall mounted air con unit? There are many types available on the market. Some that only cool the air and others that have multiple functions. Whatever air conditioning system you choose, you should first think about what you are using the system to do. If you are cooling a very large office, then you are going to need some serious hardware of the wall or ceiling mounted variety. However, if you want to cool a small office, a home office, or individual rooms woithing a house, then our portable models are an excellent choice. Whatever your needs, we're sure to have one to suit your needs. And we promise to keep your air conditioner cost as low as possible. Make sure you check out our multi-functionality 3-in-1 models. These work as an air con, a dehumidifier, and a pedestal fan using air conditioning fans.
Common Features of Portable Air Conditioners
- BTU’s – This will be the one thing that all these types of products and evaporative coolers will have in common, how many BTU’s it has. Roughly speaking, a BTU unit, or British Thermal Units, are units that measure the amount of heat that is required to raise the temperature of water or for air conditioners, lower the temperature.
- Output – This tells you how much air the appliance can cool, usually in terms of cubic metres. So if your room was 5 metres long by 5 metres wide, and two metres high, that would be 50 cubic meters (5x5=25, 25x2 =50).
- Dehumidifying capacity – This can tell you how much water the appliance is able to take out of the air in an hour. For example, our IGLU 9, takes 1.2l of water out of the air every hour.
- Tank Storage – This is a very important detail to note as no matter how much moisture your aircon can take out of the air, if your storage tank is full up, it will automatically switch off. You don’t want to be getting up every five minutes to empty the tank. A rough guide would be a tank that is at least 8-10 times the size of what it can extract in an hour. This way you will have to empty it a lot less. However, base it on your needs. If you want a portable air conditioner for offices, then 8 -10 hours is perfect as you switch it off and empty it at the end of every day, whereas if it is for home and you only use it for an hour or two each day, a smaller tank is much more acceptable.
- Room Size – Similar to output, but in a more user-friendly way. This will tell you what size room the appliance is suitable for. This usually says something along the lines of; suitable for rooms up to 18 square metres such, as the IGLU 9.
- Timers – Timers allow you to control the amount of time you wish the appliance to be on for. This is a great way of making sure you do not use too much energy and a way to control costs. Most products nowadays have a 24-hour timer.
- Speed Settings – This allows you to control how powerful your appliance is. If you have a small room and you are turning it on in advance of people arriving, a lower speed setting will suffice. However, if you are in a larger room and people turn up unexpectedly on a hot day, you may wish for a much higher speed setting to enable the room to cool down quicker.
Which home air conditioner is best?
Our best portable air con unit has to be the Haverland IGLU-9. It is a 3-in-1 AC unit which works as a dehumidifier as well as a fan. Best of all, its energy consumption is low. This means it doesn't cost the earth to run.
Which model is the quietest?
Running at only 65dB the Haverland IGLU-7 is certainly our quietest model. By comparison this is just louder than a running fridge, but just quieter than a normal conversation and hard to notice when switched on. There is constant research and development into household appliances. This means they are getting quieter and quieter all the time.
Which home air conditioner for room size?
Which model is right for you will depend on the size of your room. Take a look at the table below. It will show you which mobile air conditioners suit which size rooms.
What temperature should AC units be used at?
According to the Department of Energy, 78° Fahrenheit is the perfect temperature in order to balance energy savings and comfort in a home environment.
Delivery times for our products are mostly available as next day delivery as we keep the majority of our stock in our warehouse in Ipswich. However, on the odd occasion that we don’t have it available for next day delivery, each individual product states their estimated delivery time during checkout. We deliver to most UK locations with free delivery as standard. To discuss delivery details, call us on 01473 276686.
To view our full range of air treatment products, visit our Air Cooling section.
Frequently asked questions
Are air conditioners expensive to run?
As with all in house appliances, if not used correctly, they can be expensive as energy is wasted. Ensure that you purchase a product that is suitable for the area you are trying to cool. Purchase one that is slightly more powerful than you need. This way, you can run it at a lower setting using less energy. The insulation in your home will also affect how quickly the air in your room dissipates. If you have good home insulation, then the air will maintain its temperature for a longer period of time.
Can air con units heat as well?
Modern day air com units can often have multiple functions such as cooling, heating and a fan function. An example of this would be the Haverland IGLU 3 in 1 AC Unit.
What is an air conditioner used for?
An air conditioner is designed to create and deliver cool air around areas of your building. Using an conditioning system can improve the air quality and therefore provide a more comfortable environment to work or live in. As well as providing relief from hot weather, air conditioners can also be used to maintain temperature sensitive equipment such as computer server rooms.
Ratings based on data collected by third party reviewing platform.
29 July 2021 16:56
Haverland IGLU 9 - 3 in 1 Portable Air Conditioning Unit, 9000 BTU
Good product, works well, cooled room down
Customer service experience
Fast delivery, no problems, can not fault Heater Shop
This is excellent to hear. Thank you for the great review.
Hopefully we get some more nice warm weather in the UK.