Portable Air Conditioners(6)
Portable air conditioning units provide you with cool, fresh air all year round.
Stay cool and comfortable all year round with our range of portable air conditioners and evaporative air coolers. Our products are perfect for hot summer months and are increasingly being used for year-round comfort.
Our portable air conditioning units are designed to be easy to move and transport, making them perfect for homes and businesses across the country. With improved designs and technologies, they are more portable than ever before, and offer a range of features including remote control, 24-hour timers, fan speed settings, LED displays, larger water tanks, Wi-Fi connectivity, and sleep functions.
Our versatile portable units can be moved from room to room, allowing you to control the temperature to your desired settings. They come in a variety of styles, and are suitable for all property sizes and styles, available in a range of modes, including fan mode.
Like refrigerators, these remove heat and moisture from warm air, distributing cool air throughout the room or building. They offer many features to reduce energy usage, making them more environmentally friendly. Most models have an outlet hose to allow water to drain away and can be closed off with sliding windows when not in use. So, whether you need one for your home or business, we have the perfect solution for you.
Portable air conditioners have become a popular choice for those who need to cool a room but do not have the option of installing a central unit. They offer several advantages, including mobility, ease of installation, and the ability to cool a specific area or room.
We offer a variety of models, each with its own features and benefits. Here are some of our most popular:
Single-hose: These are the most common type and they work by taking in warm air from the room, cooling it, and then exhausting the hot air through a single hose. These units are generally less expensive and easier to set up than other types.
Evaporative air coolers: These units use water to cool the air instead of refrigerant. They work by drawing in warm air and passing it over a wet surface, which cools the air through the process of evaporation. These units are generally less expensive than traditional units but may not be as effective in humid climates.
Personal air conditioners: These are small, portable units that are designed to cool a specific area or person, rather than an entire room. They work by blowing cool air directly onto the user and are ideal for use in small spaces like offices or bedrooms.
We have a variety of options to choose from, including portable and wall mounted units. Some units are designed solely for cooling purposes while others have additional functions. When selecting your system, it's important to consider your specific needs. If you need to cool a large office space, a wall or ceiling mounted unit may be necessary. However, if you only need to cool a small office, home office, or individual rooms in a house, a portable unit may be a great option. We offer a range of models to meet your needs and strive to keep costs low. Don't forget to check out our 3-in-1 models, which can function as an air con, dehumidifier, and pedestal fan.
Common Features of Portable Air Conditioners
- BTU’s – This will be the one thing that all these types of products and evaporative coolers will have in common, how many BTU’s it has. Roughly speaking, a BTU unit, or British Thermal Units, are units that measure the amount of heat that is required to raise the temperature of water or for these products, lower the temperature.
- Output – This tells you how much air the appliance can cool, usually in terms of cubic metres. So if your room was 5 metres long by 5 metres wide, and two metres high, that would be 50 cubic meters (5x5=25, 25x2 =50).
- Dehumidifying capacity – This can tell you how much water the appliance is able to take out of the air in an hour. For example, our IGLU 9, takes 1.2l of water out of the air every hour.
- Tank Storage – This is a very important detail to note as no matter how much moisture your aircon can take out of the air, if your storage tank is full up, it will automatically switch off. You don’t want to be getting up every five minutes to empty the tank. A rough guide would be a tank that is at least 8-10 times the size of what it can extract in an hour. This way you will have to empty it a lot less. However, base it on your needs. If you want a model for offices, then 8 -10 hours is perfect as you switch it off and empty it at the end of every day, whereas if it is for home and you only use it for an hour or two each day, a smaller tank is much more acceptable.
- Room Size – Similar to output, but in a more user-friendly way. This will tell you what size room the appliance is suitable for. This usually says something along the lines of; suitable for rooms up to 18 square metres such, as the IGLU 9.
- Timers – Timers allow you to control the amount of time you wish the appliance to be on for. This is a great way of making sure you do not use too much energy and a way to control costs. Most products nowadays have a 24-hour timer.
- Speed Settings – This allows you to control how powerful your appliance is. If you have a small room and you are turning it on in advance of people arriving, a lower speed setting will suffice. However, if you are in a larger room and people turn up unexpectedly on a hot day, you may wish for a much higher speed setting to enable the room to cool down quicker.
Best for Energy Efficiency
Looking for a versatile and energy-efficient model? Look no further than the Haverland IGLU-9. This top-rated unit boasts a 3-in-1 design that functions as an air con, dehumidifier, and fan. Its multi-functional capabilities make it perfect for those who want a single device to keep their indoor environment comfortable and healthy.
One of the standout features is its low energy consumption. With excellent energy efficiency ratings, this unit won't cost you the earth to run. It's perfect for those who want to stay cool without breaking the bank.
In addition to its impressive energy efficiency, it is also incredibly user-friendly. It features easy-to-use controls that make it simple to adjust the temperature, fan speed, and mode settings. Plus, its compact size and lightweight design make it easy to move from room to room.
Overall, the Haverland IGLU-9 is an excellent choice for anyone looking for an energy-efficient model. With its 3-in-1 design and low energy consumption, this unit is sure to keep you comfortable and healthy all year round.
Which Model is the Quietest?
Looking for a quiet and efficient heating solution for your home or office? Look no further than the Haverland IGLU-7, our quietest model yet! With a noise level of just 65dB, it operates at a volume that is comparable to a running fridge, making it an ideal choice for anyone who values peace and quiet.
In fact, at this volume, it is quieter than a typical conversation, making it easy to use even in shared spaces without disrupting others around you. Plus, with the constant research and development being conducted in the world of household appliances, you can rest assured that these devices are only getting quieter with time.
So why not choose the Haverland IGLU-7 for your air cooling needs? With its quiet operation and efficient heating capabilities, it's the perfect addition to any home or office environment. And with its sleek, modern design, it's sure to look great in any setting.
Choosing the Correct Model for Your Room Size
To choose the right model for your room, it's important to consider the size of the space you need to cool. Refer to the table below, which outlines which models are best suited for different room sizes.
What temperature should AC units be used at?
According to the Department of Energy, 78° Fahrenheit is the perfect temperature in order to balance energy savings and comfort in a home environment.
Delivery times for our products are mostly available as next day delivery as we keep the majority of our stock in our warehouse in Ipswich. However, on the odd occasion that we don’t have it available for next day delivery, each individual product states their estimated delivery time during checkout. We deliver to most UK locations with free delivery as standard. To discuss delivery details, call us on 01473 276686. To view our full range of air treatment products, visit our Air Cooling section.
So many options to choose from and so little time - quite literally. Sweltering in the temperatures of the current UK heatwave, Brits are already complaining on day two - or should I say night two. It's the nights where we really feel the discomfort of the heat and are desperate for an icy breeze to reach our full 8 hours sleep - or thereabouts. Personally, I'm not one for the irritating noises that a simple pedestal fan creates - my mild misophonia gets the better of me and I'...
Frequently asked questions
Are air conditioners expensive to run?
As with all in house appliances, if not used correctly, they can be expensive as energy is wasted. Ensure that you purchase a product that is suitable for the area you are trying to cool. Purchase one that is slightly more powerful than you need. This way, you can run it at a lower setting using less energy. The insulation in your home will also affect how quickly the air in your room dissipates. If you have good home insulation, then the air will maintain its temperature for a longer period of time.
Can air con units heat as well?
Modern day air com units can often have multiple functions such as cooling, heating and a fan function. An example of this would be the Haverland IGLU 3 in 1 AC Unit.
What is an air conditioner used for?
An air conditioner is designed to create and deliver cool air around areas of your building. Using an conditioning system can improve the air quality and therefore provide a more comfortable environment to work or live in. As well as providing relief from hot weather, air conditioners can also be used to maintain temperature sensitive equipment such as computer server rooms.