Save Money & Energy: Top Heating Apps For Your Smart Phone
April 27, 2016 Anonymous
In the modern day of technology, you probably have loads of apps on your smart phone or tablet. Exercise, cooking, and business there’s an app for everything nowadays. But which ones do you use which will help you save money or energy?
Here’s our list of top apps which will save you money, energy or even better, both!
To start off we have the Rointe Connect App, which is available on the Apple AppStore and the Google Play Store for free. The Rointe Connect application pairs your smart phone or your tablet to the Rointe Delta Electric Radiator.
The great thing about this app is that once paired to your Rointe Delta Electric Radiator, you can control it from anywhere in the world. Leaving the office? About to board a flight? Lying in bed and don’t want to get up? Turn on your app and get your home to a cosy temperature.
The app can be used by hotel owners with a Rointe Delta in each room and can all be controlled in unison by this handy app. Your home with both Rointe Delta towel rails and Rointe Delta electric radiators can likewise all be controlled by the Rointe Connect application - the sheer power in this app is phenomenal.
We've tested the app in our office, and must say, to be able to control the heating from your smartphone is an amazing new technology which will soon be used everywhere.
Next up is JouleBug - an app which is available from the Apple AppStore and Google Play Store. This App enhances your ability to save energy and money, whilst making it fun to do so. With a slogan like "Lots of Apps do well; JouleBug does good." you have to question what is it that makes this app so good? It's great because it turns energy efficiency into an enjoyable challenge.
JouleBug organises energy-saving tips into achievements, which allows you to climb the leader boards and fill ‘virtual trophy cases’ whilst continuously saving you money and energy. A few features in the app which we absolutely love include:
- Share what you're 'buzzing' to the feed on platforms such as Facebook and Twitter.
- The ability to join a local community and see what's happening near you.
- Earn extra achievements called 'Badges' when you become an expert in the field.
- Localised content helps you find sustainable initiatives near you.
As a way to become more efficient and save money all round with this app (and as a solid user myself) it’s definitely recommended by us!
Meter Reading is a great one, winning a huge number of awards such as the Apple's iPad 'APP OF THE WEEK', 'AppStore Rewind 2011', 'iTunes rewind 2010' and more. Being solely available on iPhone simply enter in your Meter Readings and the app will bring up a mass amount of useful information including usage, costs and savings - all being presented in an easy to read graphical format.
Its features include:
- Monitoring up to NINE separate household meters.
- Importing historical readings from a CSV file.
- Exporting reading as a CSV file.
- It’s a universal app so it will work on your iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad.
- Displaying your usage and costs for the latest readings period, comparing this with your average or previous year
- Plotting graphs of usage and costs per day, week, month, quarter or year, so that you can visualise changes over time, e.g. against the previous year
There are obviously hundreds, if not thousands of apps out there that can help you save money on your heating and give your energy efficiency that boost you are looking for, don’t get stuck on our apps and find others which are scattered all across the Apple AppStore and the Google Play store and when you find them let us know! We would love to hear all your thoughts and opinions on the apps you use.